Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I will not retire this blog, as I do find some great things to post now and then, but I do have to concede that I do not have enough time in my life to post regularly. I recently gave a paper, "The Last Art Taboo: Identity Politics of Motherhood" at the Textile Society's Biennial Symposium in D.C., that I am hoping to post within the next few days as a powerpoint with voiceover movie. I would like to direct your attention to a blog by Susan Breen that is actually doing what I had hoped to do, Mother Musing. She is doing a great series of interviews of powerful artists who are also mothers. I will be featured as one of her guest artists within the next few weeks, and I am thrilled to be in the company of the artists that she has featured so far. Last night, Sharon Butler had a panel discussion in NYC with some pretty heavy hitter artist-moms, and I heard rumors that it was videotaped, I will stay abreast and publish the link here if it is, indeed, true.

No comments:

Post a Comment